Maria Grazia Rosin
Maria Grazia Rosin was born in 1958 in Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy, and studied at the Art Institute of Cortina. In 1979, she moved to Venice to attend the Faculty of Architecture at the University of Venice. Under the guidance of the painter Emilio Vedova, she graduated in 1983 with a diploma from the Academy of Fine Arts, Venice. In the 1980s, Rosin painted and worked in graphics, illustration, advertising, and design, dividing her time between Venice and Milan, Italy’s design powerhouse. By 1994, she was working solely in glass. In 2005, she was Artist in Residence at the Corning Museum of Glass, New York. That same year, she accepted the commission of six chandeliers for the restaurant of La Scala Opera House in Milan. She currently lives and works in Venice and has a studio on the island of Murano.
Rosin has been featured in solo exhibitions at the Fortuny Museum, Venice (2007); La Galerie Italienne, Paris (2006); Caterina Tognon Arte Contemporanea, Venice (2006); Caffè Florian, Venice (2003); Space Volt et Watt, Paris (2003); Galleria Civica, Cortina d’Ampezzo (2001); the Correr Museum, Venice (2000); and Galleria D’Arte & Divetro, Bergamo (2000).
Her work has also been presented regularly in group shows, including Viva Vetro! Glass Alive! at Carnegie Museum of Art (2007); XX Century Venetian Glass at the Eretz Israel Museum, Tel Aviv (2005); Vetri nel mondo oggi at the Institute of Science, Letters, and Art, Venice (2004); and Venice and the Touch of Glass at the Italian Institute of Culture, London (2003).